Sunday, April 30, 2006

ELT anyone?

Ok so it's been a long time since I last posted. Sometimes the technical bits can be very intimidating, specially for a technologically challenged person like me. However, I am going to key in some things soon. Just almost finished a remedial English course with some 16 year olds. This was my first attemt at remedial English as a teacher..just began teaching professionally last year...needless to say, it was a learning experience. I don't think I did a very great job. I was new, the syllabus design and execution was given entirely to me, I had little expertise and no experience. And to top it, they gave me the boy's class! And you know it can be with teenage boys, specially when they know that the teacher is 'new'. Well, the course is almost near its end and though I have greatly overcome the hostility of the kids (I think they kinda love me now!), I think there was much more I could have done with them. I want to review somethings. Like what worked, what did not and what could have worked. Most importantly I think there needs to be more organization before begining any course. And during the course too. I think I lagged behind there. As I always do when it comes to organizing. Anyways, all ELT teachers..I think I will have something to share very soon!

No comments: