Thursday, June 01, 2006

Read-A-Thon

Ahem. So now that I have semi-vacations (still have to work thrice a week despite the hols-not that I mind it though), I thought I might as well invest some time in reading. I try in vain to keep up with the newspaper but it always ages faster than I expect it to! Well. I started reading a book on fundamentals on banking. Boring, I know. But I thought that by the end of it I would be a banking pro. Left the book midway even when it was getting interesting! It was just too long. Another interesting book? Essentials of English Language Teaching (a MUST-READ), alas, I left that midway too (why do I have such a short attention span???). I finally got to read Paulo Coelho's The Alchemist, some famous short stories (Raold Dahl, Evelyn Waugh and the likes) from Present Laughter (ed. Malcolm Bradbury), a few from Muriel Spark's collection, I began reading 'Preparing for the 21st century' (Paul Kennedy-whatever I read of it was pretty impressive) and some sparkling essays from R. K. Narayan's 'Writerly Life'. Phew. Needless to say, I was able to FINISH only one book from this catalog!
They say that there is a sect of readers who read only to be able to flaunt about it later. Now that I am done with the flaunting, I leave the categorization to you. Ahem, ahem.

5 comments:

shumyla said...

well i would really love to 'categorize' u but i guess i'll leave that to others orelse i am likely to submit a biased opinion. keep up the intellectual workbabes

Anonymous said...

ewrewtt

Tanveer Khan said...

fundamentals on banking, books like this can help you to get a good sleep, Paulo Coelho's are good ones, worth flaunting :) i have started with Richard Overy's The Dictators

Anonymous said...

madam, you write so good that i also feel like writing but i not from English medium. I am from your scholar batch. but I dont speak in class. please help me madam. how should I improve my english

Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»