Sunday, May 14, 2006

15 things I should have done

Well there are procastrinators and there are procrastinators. And then there are some weak willed persons. Have you ever felt that you have so much time on your hands and yet you do nothing about it? And there are so many things you would rather do but just don't do them for... umm..no particular reason at all! (Laziness not counting). Well, here are some things that I have always wanted to do, have planned to do but never got down to doing: (In random order)


1. Join Yoga classes
2. Watch my diet (Ahem)
3. Do a post graduate course in Enlish Language Teaching from Central Institute of English and Foreign Languages (CIEFL), Hyderabad
4. Learn to drive a car
5. Learn to drive a geared scooter
6. Go for daily walks
7. Do a Ph.D.?
8. Be more attentive in my prayers
9. Behave better with my parents
10. Read! There is soooo much that I need to read but just keep putting it off
11. Learn how to use a bank! Manage my finances! I can't even differentiate between a withdrawal slip and a deposit one. Sigh. Always ask mum or dad to do the 'dirty' work. Don't know if you have read the short story 'My Financial Career' by Stephen Leacock, but I feel embarassingly like the hapless protagonist in the bank.
12. Become a fashion designer. Wonder why I am still stalling my childhood dream
13. Be more tuned in to my loved one's needs (I ain't getting nowhere there-that' the price for being a self absorbed narcissist-a price that others pay!)
14. Become PUNCTUAL!
15. Become a good housekeeper! I am aweful at managing anything, specially at home


Phew! So much to do! There's more...I just chalked out some fifteen points out of my idealistic 'to-do' lists. But that does not mean such lists are absolutely useless; atleast they remind you that you needn't be all smug and complacent. And atleast they tell you WHAT you want out of life. No?


Of course there are SOME things that I HAVE begun working on; like I want to be a GRRRREAT ELT teacher and I am working on it-not as much as I would have liked, but atleast a tiny bit. And then I am trying to read more...the restless creature that I am, I actually lose patience halfway through because of my very short attention span..hehehe..but I am trying! Reading makes you feel empowered really and I kinda like that feeling! Hehe.

1 comment:

Rimsie said...

hehehehehheh v r not only accident prone but equallly lazy !!!!! there r soo many things which i have always wanted to do....just like u !!! :-D

but what the hell....we r lazy n PROUD of it !! ehheheheh

awesome post !