Monday, May 22, 2006

Pink makin' me feel real Blue...

I can't believe this is happening to me. It seemed so easy in the begining. We are moving into a new house and we wanted everything 'special' and individualized. My brother chose yellow as the theme of his room, my mum and dad chose blue, the living room's a beige-green and mine was supposed to epitomize girl power-all PINK. Seemed easy. All you had to do was choose cooridnated bathroom ware, paint color and well, the color of the furnishing's formica. Easy. Until it came to my room. Somehow someone chose peach wall tiles for my pink floored bathroom. Okay so that was a major blow, especially when everyone's else's room turned out just as planned. I was just severely heartbroken for six months. Then it came to the room paint. I chose one magenta colored feature wall and light strawberry pink for the rest of the walls. 'Never mind the bathroom', I finally said, after half a year of sulking and lamenting. Maybe the theme of the room would undo the wrong. It seemed simple. Till I saw what the painter did today. The strawberry pink is fine Alhamdulilah. It's just that the magenta feature wall is not magenta at all. It's flourescent GULAL pink!!! Actual GULAL pink! I can't believe this is happening. For a while the severity of it all hadn't sunk in I think. That's why I was able to go shopping after seeing it. But five hours later, I feel decidedly depressed. Very sad. In fact, I think I feel nothing. Just feel numb. Sob.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»